The requirements for this method are based on a 20 inch quilt sandwitch that results in a 18 inch square cushion - for other sizes adjust your backing fabric, binding fabric and zipper length to suit.
- 18 inch square mini quilt not yet bound with 1 inch boarder (total size 20 inch square).
- 2 pieces of backing fabric 10 ½ inches x 20 inches
- 16 inch dress zip matching backing fabric
- 80 inches of 2 ¼ inch binding fabric cut on bias or straight grain.
- Thread to match backing fabric and binding.
- Fabric marking pen or pencil
- Roxannes liquid glue (optional)
- 24 inch quilting ruler
- Sewing machine with zipper foot
- Fabric scissors & Pins
- Iron & ironing board
9. Using thread that matches the backing fabric sew from the front side down each side and across the top and bottom keeping your stitches about ¼ inch from the seamline.
12. Pin through all layers at each corner and in the center of each edge.